|Full name||Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova|
|Country of Origin||Soviet Union|
|Manufacturer||Izhmash/Kalashnikov_Concern, Ordnance Factories Organisation, Norinco|
|Voice actor||Tanaka Minami|
SVD is an obtainable Tactical Doll in the game.
Arguably one of the first designated marksman rifle appeared in modern warfare, SVD (Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova, Dragunov Sniper Rifle) is a signature Soviet semi-automatic rifle that bears the designer's name. SVD would often be addressed just as Dragunov.
The effective combat range of ground troops are significantly reduced with the introduction of automatic rifles/SMGs with their intermediate rifle/pistol cartridges, the Union was in demand for a 7.62×54mmR calibre marksman rifle to fill the longer range engagement duty of the Soviet Army that was previously filled by the Mosin-Nagant rifle. SVD was developed in between 1958–1963 by Yevgeny Dragunov to meet the Union's demand for such a weapon, defeating several other submitted rifle designs and emerged as the victor from a series of intensive field tests.
SVD's receiver bears a number of similarities to the Kalashnikov rifles, such as the large dust cover, AK style iron sights and lever safety selector, but these similarities are mostly for cosmetic purposes. The internal operating mechanism would not allow SVD to fall under the category of a Kalash derivative, SVD classifies as a gas-operated, rotating bolt action rifle with a short-stroke gas-piston system. Practical rate of fire of SVD is around 30 rounds per minute, fed by it's 10 round magazines, able to propel the bullet at a muzzle velocity of 830m/s, covering 800 metres of effective range (up to 1400m with PSO-1).
SVD is one of the longer rifles that measures above 1200mm in length, the barrel itself measures 620mm, integrated with a slotted flash suppressor and is able to mount bayonet on the lug pinned to the end of the barrel. The barrel also have a thin profile to save weight, it is only partially rifled up to a length of 547mm. It is also connected by a spring-loaded mechanism to the handguard, so the handguard can move with the barrel during firing, this makes SVD's barrel semi free floating.
Early model SVD featured a two-piece wooden handguard and a skeletonized wooden thumbhole stock, modernized variants would have replaced the wooden parts with polymer materials parts. Other than iron sight, SVD have access to the PSO-1 optical scope which was developed especially for the rifle, attachment of the scope relies on optic clamp mounts, so it does not block view of the iron sight. Modernized/current production model of SVD added compatibility to combat accessory rails of Warsaw Pact or Picatinny variety.
Much like the PK machinegun, SVD entered service immediately after the test, inspiring various successor weapon designs, widely distributed/exported to ex-Soviet/ex-Warsaw Pact countries, while continues to serve both regular and irregular armed forces in modern warfare all over the world even today. Notable variants/derivatives include the compact SVDS for airborne troops, 9.3×64mm calibre SVDK, the TsKIB SOO made bullpup configured OTs-03 SVU, the Norinco made Type 79/Type 85 and the Iranian Nakhjir 3.
A T-doll of around 140cm of body height, SVD have both silver pupil and long hair.
SVD presents herself as a prideful T-doll, though unlike the other prideful characters such as MG Mk48 she does not belittle other fellow T-dolls in any of her quotations. Despite her prideful demeanor, SVD often worries and cares for her fellow T-dolls and even for the Commander, to her fellow T-dolls she is more like a reliable senpai they can rely on. SVD is very confident in her own ability, much of her performance seem to be relying on her long service experience instead of actual ability rating, but sometimes she does have accidents and make mistakes, which leaves SVD in embarrassment.
The artist Coney was interviewed by Chopsticks on the 14th edition of G&K Chopstick News, in which he answered various questions regarding SVD's character settings, hobbies
and shared design inspiration. Translated Q&A scripts as shown below, original text available in reference section.
- Chopsticks: What are those stickers on SVD's weapon box?
- Coney: Those are the stickers SVD collects, her hobby is to collect stickers, when she receive duplicates she will gift them to friends and the Commander.
- Chopsticks: Surprising hobby! What do SVD do in everyday life when she is not on sortie? What sort of outfits would she choose?
- Coney: She enjoys outdoor sports, so will often be seen in sportswear, she won't be seen in the same type of outfits.
- Chopsticks: The same as AR-15, a sporty girl, she must look cute in those summer dresses! How do SVD view her successor SV98? Will she date her!? Where do they go for dates?
- Coney: 98 is a hard working successor, they will go train together at the firing range, or out camping... Occasionally shop at the mall.
- Chopsticks: Ohhh, they are both ace shooters! I bet interesting things happen when they go out camping hehe... But as a Russian T-doll, how is SVD's alcohol tolerance? Would she prefer Kvass or Vodka?
- Coney: SVD's alcohol tolerance is high of course, she would prefer Vodka.
- Chopsticks: In what situation would she be embarrassed? *Curious*
- Coney: Perhaps when being treated like a real girl, such as being gifted flowers, chocolates etc.
- Chopsticks: Wow, Tsundere?! If SVD were to sustain wounds on sortie would she be the kind that attempts to hide it, or would she reveal it in attempt to gain sympathy from comrades and the Commander?
- Coney: She would walk it off, but she would happy if someone were to care for her.
- Chopsticks: She is a strong girl alright. From the quotations and behavior, SVD also appears to be a Queen like character, handsome, cool and confident. But will she have something that she isn't so good at or situation where she would feel awkward?
- Coney: She is not very good at culinary, but she is not willing to admit it, so if anyone were to brings up the topic of cooking it would turn into an awkward situation.
- Chopsticks: Oh my God just like WA-jan, @WA2000 you have a friend here! Anyways the Christmas costume had three dolls in the bag, is the third one another upcoming character you designed?
- Coney: It's actually Lee-Enfield.
- Chopsticks: Do you have any design inspirations to share regarding SVD?
- Coney: Naw
- Chopsticks: Aww, Ogashi, so if you were to marry SVD would you consider your marriage life to turn out good, or bad?
- Coney: I'd say it will turn out good *laughs*, as long as I take care of the cooking.
Player base would report that SVD feels like a 4* version of RF WA2000, she is one of the stronger damage output RF T-dolls in the game thanks to her rate of fire increase active skill and the innate high rate of fire. The two are frequently put together in the same echelon due to the similarity of their skills and improving RF/HG echelon combat synergy.
Though players would also report that the expansion of SVD can be expensive as she is one of the rarer 4* T-dolls, some even claim that the rarity of SVD is almost on part with AR G36.
SVD's costume Winter Fairy described her side story interactions with the Commander during 2016's Christmas event.
Costume story: Winter Fairy
Obtainable from production only
|Acquisition||狙击者SVD。就让我看看，是哪个幸运儿来迎接我吧。||ドラグノフ狙撃銃だ。どれどれ、私に手に入れるのはどこのラッキーマンかな||Sniper SVD. Let see here, who is lucky enough to welcome me.|
|Introduction||为了取代服役已久的莫辛纳甘小姐，我，SVD狙击步枪正式诞生了。除了易于操控和结实耐用，最开始能装配刺刀却没有两脚架，也是个小小特色呢。精准？那是当然的了！居然有人说我过时了，不要听信那些谣言啊。||To replace long servicing Ms Mosin-Nagant, Me, SVD Sniper rifle was born. Other than easily operated and reliable build, the original models had bayonets but no bipods, that's quite a specialty. Accuracy? Of course I'm accurate! Can't believe people say I'm outdated, don't believe those naysayers.|
|Secretary||今天有什么安排，想知道我的意见吗？||今日の予定はなんだ？||Whats planned today, want my inputs?|
|工作还顺利嘛，别又让我操心啊你。||仕事は順調か？心配させないでくれよ。||Hows the work going? Don't make me worry about you.|
|没错，就是这样，再多依赖我一点吧。||そう、もっと私を頼ていい||Yes, just like that, rely on me more.|
|Secretary (post OATH)||
What? You lost something again? Do you need an elite like me to find it for you every time? Luckily I know your habits, here it is.
See, you couldn't resist me at the end. I foresaw this moment when I first met you. Alright then, enough talks, you better not be too tense on the ceremony... Me? Of... Of course I will be fine!
|Greeting||指挥官，感激我能协助这次作战吧。||指揮官、今日は私が協力する。感謝しなさい。||Commander, be grateful that I can assist in today's operation.|
|T-Doll Produced||有新人来了？等等记得让她过来跟我打招呼。||新人が来たか？後で私に挨拶に来るように||A new recruit? Remind her to greet me later.|
|Joining an echelon||好吧，这片战场由我来支配。||いいだろう、この戦場、私が支配する||Alright, let the tide of this battlefield be under my control.|
|Enhancement||这就是我所期待的力量。||ふふ、これぞ私が望んだ力だ。||This is the power I hoped for.|
|Dummy-linking||像我这么优秀的战力，多多益善是吧。||私みたいな優秀な戦力は、いくらでも欲しいだろう||A strong combat force like me, the more the better right.|
|Logistics (start)||果然被派遣做这种事...好吧，也不是不可以。||こんな扱いをされるとは…まぁ、いいだろう。||Can't believe I've been sent to do this... Alright, I didn't disagree.|
|Logistics (end)||大家都成功归还了。||みんな帰ってきた。||Everyone made it back.|
|Autobattle||果然，我不在就是不行。||やっぱり、私がいないとだめだな。||Look's like it just won't do without me here.|
|Starting a combat mission||夺回荣誉的机会来了。||栄光を取り戻すチャンスが来た。||A chance to retake honor.|
|Starting a battle||狩猎开始。||ハンチング開始。||The hunt begins.|
|Skill activation||臣服吧，虫子们。||ひれ伏せ、虫どもめ。||Bow to me, bugs!|
|Heavily damaged||切！在这种时候...||チッ！こんな時に限って||Damn! At a time like this...|
|Retreat||这是什么情况？||何なんだ、これは？||How is this happening?|
|MVP||胜利的果实，我不客气了哦。||くふ、勝利の果実、頂くよ||The fruit of victory, don't mind if I do.|
|Restoration||我不在的话，大家没问题吗？||私がいなくて、みんな大丈夫だろうか？||Will everyone be ok without me being there?|
|Christmas||我的圣诞礼服怎么样？……出众是理所当然的！你就借着这个美好的节日好好欣赏吧。||どう？私のクリスマスドレス？…似合うのは当然だろう！折角着たのだから、ちゃんと見てくれ。||How's my Christmas dress? ...Of course it's outstanding! You better take the chance and feast your eyes upon it during this festival while it lasts!|
|New Year's Day|| ふふ、新年にいいスタートを切りたいのなら私を見習いなさい。
|Valentine's day|| えっと、今日は一様… これ… 用意したんだが…
- Due to the similar quote and weapon of choice, some players would addresses SVD as Natasha, as a reference to the Soviet elite sniper Natasha Volkova who appeared in Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 / Uprising. Though Natasha uses the 9.3mm calibre SVDK variant, not the traditional 7.62 SVD.