|Full name||Maschinengewehr 42|
|Country of origin||Nazi Germany|
|Manufacturer||Mauser, Großfuß AG, MAGET|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Yokoya Sayaka|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 5:50:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP Can be obtained from many battle stages from Chapter 3-6 onward.
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
There is no exclusive equipment for this T-Doll.
Stats / Data
The MG42 (shortened from German Maschinengewehr 42, or "Machine rifle 42") was a general purpose machine gun that was developed for and entered service with the German Wehrmacht in 1942, during World War II. The 7.92mm rifle caliber weapon was developed from, and was intended to supplant the MG 34 machine gun, though both would continue to be used and manufactured until the end of that war.
The MG42 has the highest average rate of fire of any single-barreled light machine gun, resulting in a distinct muzzle report. It has a proven record of reliability, durability, simplicity, and ease of operator use. The MG42's lineage continued past Germany's defeat, forming the basis for the nearly identical MG1, and subsequently improved into the still very similar MG2, which was in turn followed by the MG3. It also spawned the Swiss MG 710, MG 42/59. It and the MG3 were in service with many armies during the Cold War and remain so into the 21st century.
MG42 is designed to reflect that she is both lighter and sleeker than her older sister, while still sticking strongly to her sibling's sense of aesthetics. She wears a more urbane, showy version of MG34's outfit, with prominent leggings, a pleated skirt, and a necktie, with a similar officer's cap to the one MG34 wears. She wears multiple belts of ammunition, and her outfit shows more skin than MG34 does. Her brighter color scheme helps further the image that she's a newer gun. Fittingly, she keeps her hair tied back in a pair of long tresses that further add to the image of her being lighter and newer.
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game.
Alternate gallery consisting of artworks with slight alterations as well as miscellaneous artworks.
- Known as "Hitler's buzzsaw", "Hitler's zipper", "linoleum ripper", "Hitlersäge ("Hitler's saw")", "Bonesaw" and "Calico-tearer" due the distinctive sound that produced from its rate of fire.
- Unlike her older sister, MG42 cannot be mounted as coaxial MG on tank hull mount because the square-shaped heat shield will obstruct the small hatch at the right of MG42 to replace a barrel. While so, MG42 was popularly used in sandbag emplacement, captured building, and mostly bunker.
- However in very rare cases, MG42 was used as pintle-mounted weapon on commander cupola in order to sway off enemy aircraft or approaching enemies.
- The effectiveness of MG42 on stationary fortification was proved by Heinrich Severloh, who managed to defend the bunker from approaching U.S Soldiers during Normandy Invasion with MG42 before being ambushed at his bunker. He's so called as 'The Beast of Omaha Beach' due his killmark of 2000 U.S Soldiers, although his claim is doubted by both US and German historians.
- Although known as machine gun with fastest rate of fire in the era and became a propaganda until the end of the war, the internal parts of MG42 are less complex over its predecessor, with the cost of accuracy and recoil control. Because of the simplified yet ruggedness construction of MG42, it proved immune even at extreme condition as opposed with her predecessor, MG34.
- With those Rate of Fire, it was very successful for defensive purpose rather than breakthrough the enemy lines.
- MG42 has quick barrel swap mechanism, which located at the right heat shield shroud proved very helpful during the war. However due the very fast of rate of fire the barrel are tend to glowing hot, which very dangerous to replace with bare hands; The gunner was issued with asbestos gloves to prevent hand from burning when replacing barrel. The gunner also could insert the shell brass in the barrel hole and pulling it out, or shake the barrel until it gets out if they don't have the gloves.
- In addition, the rate of fire it produced will eat up ammo in rapid succession, which considered wasteful. Later post-WWII Yugoslav M53 which was an exact copy of MG42 reduced the rate of fire to 950 RPM.
- U.S had reverse-engineered MG42 and replacing the barrel which designed for 7.62 springfield(.30.06) known as T24 Machine Gun. In order to meet U.S cyclic rate requirements, heavy bolts was installed to reduce rate of fire for better control and accuracy. However the design engineer made an error where the 7.92x56mm Mauser caliber was shorter than .30.06 Springfield(7.62x63mm), resulting of continuous stoppages during field test. The project of T24 was abandoned after considering too much effort and times to redesign it.
- Near the end of war, Grossfuss designed MG45 which derived from MG42. Unlike the predecessor, MG45 designed with low-grade material due the low amount of resource to manufacture more MG42. MG45 beats all German Machine Gun in term of Rate of Fire, while shares same RoF with ShKAS Aircraft Machine Gun, 1.800 RPM. Interestingly, MG45 able to accept 75-round Patronentrommel which used by MG34.
- She's only a Wehrmacht T-dolls which wore unsual white and violet for her apparel, instead of standard issue Dunkelgrau and Feldgrau which Wehrmacht T-dolls mainly used.
- In her game CG, there's no ammo belt or Magazine(Gurttrommel) inserted in her gun. However, in chibi CG sprite, she used 50-round Gurttrommel Magazine when reloading.
- Younger sister of MG MG34MG34 .
|List of T-Dolls|