|Full name||Maschinengewehr 42|
|Country of Origin||Nazi Germany|
Großfuß AG, MAGET
|Voice actor||Sayaka Yokoya|
MG42 is an obtainable Tactical Doll in the game.
The MG42 (shortened from German Maschinengewehr 42, or "Machine rifle 42") was a general purpose machine gun that was developed for and entered service with the German Wehrmacht in 1942, during World War II. The 7.92mm rifle caliber weapon was developed from, and was intended to supplant the MG 34 machine gun, though both would continue to be used and manufactured until the end of that war.
The MG42 has the highest average rate of fire of any single-barreled light machine gun, resulting in a distinct muzzle report. It has a proven record of reliability, durability, simplicity, and ease of operator use. The MG42's lineage continued past Germany's defeat, forming the basis for the nearly identical MG1, and subsequently improved into the still very similar MG2, which was in turn followed by the MG3. It also spawned the Swiss MG 710, MG 42/59. It and the MG3 were in service with many armies during the Cold War and remain so into the 21st century.
MG42 is designed to reflect that she is both lighter and sleeker than her older sister, while still sticking strongly to her sibling's sense of aesthetics. She wears a more urbane, showy version of MG34's outfit, with prominent leggings, a pleated skirt, and a necktie, with a similar officer's cap to the one MG34 wears. She wears multiple belts of ammunition, and her outfit shows more skin than MG34 does. Her brighter color scheme helps further the image that she's a newer gun. Fittingly, she keeps her hair tied back in a pair of long tresses that further add to the image of her being lighter and newer.
MG42 is the younger sister of MG MG34. While she's energetic and gung-ho, she has an enormous amount of respect and reverence for her older sister, and she constantly seeks to prove herself the equal of her famous older sibling. She is proud of her blistering fire rate, and significantly less proud of her voracious appetite for ammunition.
In many ways, MG42 is a natural improvement of MG34, being a bit better than her sister in almost every stat of note. She also boasts one of the highest damage-per-second rates of any machine gun. Unfortunately, she's also hindered with the fastest fire rate in the game, which means she burns her ammo off extremely quickly and then must spend a long time reloading. She is extremely good at brutalizing single targets but has much more problems with large groups, meaning that her sister is, ironically, a more efficient option despite MG42's better stats in some regards.
|Acquisition||是指挥官吗,说起来……您喜欢木锯的声音嘛？||初めまして、指揮官様、布を切り裂くような音を聞いてみませんか。||Nice to meet you commander. Would you like to hear cloth ripping sound?|
|Secretary||指挥官，不好好瞄准可不行哦。||指揮官様、間違って射っちゃったら大変なんだから。||Commander, if you misfire that would be bad|
|指挥官，有什么作战计划吗？||指揮官様、これは何の作戦でしゅか?||Commander, what kind of mission is this?|
|Secretary (post OATH)||
Eh? You... choose me, commander? Then... I'll give you a hug. Next call MG34 sis and the three of us can celebrate it together. It's okay isn't it?
|Greeting||ふぁ～～っんん...指揮官様、おはようございましゅう。||Hoaaammm... Good morning commander|
|T-Doll Produced||指揮官様、製造が終わったでしゅよう。||Commander, production is complete you know.|
|Joining an echelon||大丈夫、絶対活躍しましゅから、見ててくだしゃいね。|
|Starting a combat mission|
|Starting a battle|
|New Year's Day||
- Nicknamed "Hitler's buzzsaw", "Hitler's zipper", "linoleum ripper", "Hitlersäge ("Hitler's saw")", "Bonesaw" and "Calico-tearer" due the distinctive sound that produced from its rate of fire.
- Unlike her older sister, MG42 cannot be mounted on tank hull mount because the square-shaped heat shield will obstruct the small hatch at the right of MG42 to replace a barrel. While so, MG42 was popularly used in sandbag emplacement, captured building, and mostly bunker.
- The effectiveness of MG42 on stationary fortification was proved by Heinrich Severloh, who managed to defend the bunker from approaching U.S Soldiers during Normandy Invasion with MG42 before being ambushed at his bunker. He's so called as 'The Beast of Omaha Beach' due his killmark of 3000 U.S Soldiers, although his claim is doubted by both US and German historians.
- Although known as machine gun with fastest rate of fire in that era and became a propaganda until the end of the war, controlling MG42 could be a problem due its fire rate. Even the trained operator has difficulties to do a single shot where MG42 doesn't feature a firing selection mechanism, and combined with harsh recoil which affect the accuracy itself.
- In addition, the rate of fire it produced will eat up ammo so quickly, which considered as a waste of ammunition.
- The US Machine Gun, T24 was a duplication of MG42 with only slight change of US-Standard Rear Sight, and ability to feed with Springfield cartridge(.30-06).
- Younger sister of MG34.