|Full name||United States Submachine Gun, Cal. .45, M3|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||General Motors, Ithaca Gun Company|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Yamane Nozomi|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 1:30:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP Can be obtained from many battle stages from Chapter 1-4 onward.
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
There is no exclusive equipment for this T-Doll.
Stats / Data
The M3 was an automatic, air-cooled blowback-operated weapon that fired from an open bolt. The M3 was chambered for the same .45 round fired by the Thompson submachine gun, but was cheaper to produce, and lighter, although contrary to popular belief it was far less accurate. Constructed of plain .060-in. thick sheet steel, the M3 receiver was stamped in two halves that were then welded together. The M3 was striker-fired, with a fixed firing pin contained inside the bolt. The bolt was drilled longitudinally to support two parallel guide rods, upon which were mounted twin return (recoil) springs. This configuration allowed for larger machining tolerances while providing operating clearance in the event of dust, sand, or mud ingress. The M3 featured a spring-loaded extractor which was housed inside the bolt head, while the ejector was located in the trigger group. Like the British Sten, time and expense was saved by cold-swaging the M3's barrel.
- She wanted to be helpful in her squad although she doubted her role after being called a grease gun because of her similarities of actual grease injector gun.
- In GF 4coma, She had a trauma of Goliath Tracked Bomb controlled by HG P38 when ambushing Sangvis Ferri bunker and proceed to destroy it, as in reality Goliath Tracked Bomb well-known successfully wreak havoc for allied forces while the presence of M3 itself also used in limited number by US Army Rangers, 82nd, and 101st Airborne Troops during Normandy Invasion Kick-Off.
- And because its compact size, M3 Submachine Gun can be tucked in parachute harness where the airborne troops able to engage target upon landing to designated zone.
- The OSS version of M3 include silencer and booby traps which called as 'Bushmaster Device'. The device consists of triggering hook, and pull-type trigger. As the firing safety is off and the tripwire was pulled, the striker pushes the spring, launching the hook and depressed the M3 trigger until the magazine is empty. The Silenced M3 was intended to be used by US OSS(Now CIA) and British SOE(Special Operation Executive).
- It should be mentioned the special barrel for M3 has been applied in order to attach suppressor. However, the performance of suppressor itself considered very poor over the British competitor, STEN.
- After the discovery of Krummlauf Curved Barrel for AR StG44, US army began an experiment of curve-barreled M3 in 1945. Initially, the curve-barreled version of M3 was intended for tank crew to be fired back from tank cupola or driver's hatch at assailants. Aside of armored crew version, the infantry version was tested to be able to fired from foxhole, windows, and the wall corner without exposing themselves. Neither of them were ever adopted due the accuracy issue which was shared with the Krummlauf.
- M3A1 is an improved version of M3. M3A1 was lighter than its predecessor due the simplified cocking mechanism, very reliable and easier to maintain.
- Wikipedia entry on M3 submachine gun
- GF 4coma, Definitely not a Grease Gun
- GF 4coma, A haunting psychological scar
- Goliath operational in Normandy
- The M3 "Grease Gun", by Leroy Thompson. Electronic Edition published by Bloomsbury Publishing
- The Forgotten Weapons Video of M3 OSS Version
|List of T-Dolls|