|Full name||M1 Garand|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Voice actor||Risa Taneda|
M1 Garand is an obtainable Tactical Doll in the game.
The M1 Garand is a .30 caliber semi-automatic rifle that was the U.S. service rifle during World War II and the Korean War (it also saw limited service during the Vietnam War). Most M1 rifles were issued to U.S. forces, though many hundreds of thousands were also provided as foreign aid to American allies. The Garand is still used by drill teams and military honor guards. It is also widely used by civilians for hunting, target shooting, and as a military collectible.
The M1 replaced the bolt action M1903 Springfield as the standard U.S. service rifle in the mid 1930s, and was itself replaced by the select fire M14 rifle in the early 1960s.
The M1 rifle was named after its designer John Garand. It was the first standard-issue semi-automatic military rifle. By all accounts the M1 rifle served with distinction. General George S. Patton called it "the greatest battle implement ever devised".
Although the name "Garand" is frequently pronounced /ɡəˈrænd/, according to experts and people who knew John Garand, the weapon's designer, /ˈɡærənd/ (to rhyme with errand) is preferred.
It Should be noted that M1 Garand has entered the numerous fascinating experiment to improve its system:
- Another version of M1 Garand, designated as T26 and M1E5 was released in European and Pacific theatre, which popularly known as 'Tanker Garand'. In order to increase short-to-medium range ability, M1 Garand barrel was shortened by 18"(457mm), and folding stock later adapted in M1E5 where T26 keep its original buttstock. One of its version was used at operation in Philippines by 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment, although T26 was not approved for mass production due of excessive fouling in the gas system, loud and flashy muzzle brake. This problem was considered too expensive to solve and later scrapped the 'Carbine Garand' project after the surrender of German and the victory in Pacific Theater.
- 'Tanker' Garand request was came from famous US Lieutnant General James Gavin, where on his first jump in Sicily he faced jamming issue on his M1 Carbine. As of result, Gavin and the other paratroopers commander was dissatisfied with its underpowered performance and technical issue. He demanded the shorter version of M1 Garand rifle after took it from wounded soldier during operation.
- The experimental selective-fire M1 Garand, designated as T20E2, uses M1918 BAR Magazine instead of en-bloc clip. The standard BAR Magazine cannot be used in T20E2 rifle, and redesigned it to be compatible with T20E2. It can both fired semi or full-automatic with RoF at 700 round/min. The project was stopped after War in Europe is over, and Japanese Forces was surrendered. Even so, T20E2 component had been examined for further research and later its system was implemented for most successful battle rifle ever produced, M14(Known as T44E4).
- Some of another experiment of M1 Garand using a bullpup mechanism system called T31 Rifle in april 6th, 1949. The weight of itself was 8,7 pound(3,9 kg). Instead using handguard, T31 preferred gas tube similar like Lewis Machine Gun. In addition, it uses BAR magazine which used by T20E2 in earlier experiment. However, the system itself had a major flaw; the tube deposit 3 grains of carbon residue from each round fired. The second experiment would be implemented by using a conventional gas piston system, but soon the project was automatically terminated due the John Garand's retirement.
- The Dutch most oldest small arms and artillery manufacturer, Artillerie-Inrichtingen(AI) converted US-Supplied M1 Garand to accept detachable magazine. Although the conversion is same as Italy does on their BM59, the dutch converted M1 Garand preferred AR-10 Waffle Magazine as they involved to manufacture AR-10 for NATRES(Dutch's National Reserve Corps), Portuguese Paratroopers, and Sudanese Armed Forces(SAF). Unlike the BM59 does, the AI-Version M1 Garand never went into prototype stage.
She's kind and gentle, and maintains an unruffled manner. Her tendency of checking things multiple times before doing it makes people question her efficiency, but she always gets things done with excellent score eventually.
|Acquisition||M1加兰德,指挥官,从今以后,请让我陪伴在您左右吧。||M1ガランドです、これからずっと指揮官の元で戦います。||M1 Garand, Commander, please let me accompany you from now on.|
|Introduction||我，M1加兰德，是第二次世界战争中，为了接替春田小姐而研发的半自动武器，经过十五年的研发才最终定型，并大量生产。因为射击精准、可靠耐用等优点，直到M14小姐服役前，我一直都是战争年代中最出色的步枪之一。||I, M1 Garand, am a semi-auto weapon designed to replace Miss Springfield in WWII and put into mass production when my design finalized after 15 years of development. I have always been one of the topnotch rifles in war times because of advantages such as accurate aiming, reliability and durability. That is, until Miss M14 saw service.|
|Secretary||指挥官还真是贪心呢，哼哼……||指揮官は欲張りですね、ふん、へへ…||Commander really is quite greedy, hmhm...|
|指挥官，多谢你这样照顾我。||指揮官、構ってくれてありがとうございます。||Commander, thank you for taking care of me.|
|真是的……今天的工作还没做完哦，先和别的孩子玩吧。||もう…今日の仕事がまた終わってませんよ、他の子と遊んでください。||What am I supposed to do with you... I'm not done with today's work yet, so why don't you go play with the other kids for now?|
|Secretary (post OATH)||
Sir, tell me if you need anything. I’m always ready. It is not right without me by your side.
|Joining an echelon||指揮官，ありがとうございます。|
|Starting a combat mission||私の勇姿，見逃さないでくださいね。|
|Starting a battle||敵軍の主力部隊を発見しました。|
|New Year's Day|| もう新年ですね指揮官。明けましておめでとうございます。
|Valentine's day|| はい、私からチョコレートです。食べて下さい。
- The distinctive 'ping' sound of M1 Garand when ejecting the en-bloc clip and fall to the ground, became popular among US Infantry. While so, some believe it would attract enemy forces and start to open fire at them although there is no official confirmation and document about the incident, thanks to the noisy battlefield that cover its distinctive sound.
- There's a tactic where the US Infantryman lure the enemy by carrying an empty M1 Garand en-bloc magazine and throwing it to make a false ping, mistaking the enemy would reload and revealing their position as they opened fire. These tactics provide US Infantry to flank enemy position while the enemy forces still distracted with the decoy.
- Beside the distinctive sound, the en-bloc clip reloading mechanism provide the operator to reload faster over rifle that utilized detachable magazine or even bolt-action. Also, the en-bloc magazine can be ejected when full by pulling the cocking handle, and automatically ejecting itself when empty.
- The distinctive 'ping' sound can be heard after every 8 shots fired by M1 Garand in the game. This is a reference to the fact that the en bloc clips used by the Garands contained only 8 rounds.
- During Normandy Invasion, US Airborne troops sometimes comes with dismantled M1 Garand packed in Griswold Jump Carrying Bag. After successfully land on designated location, they can assemble the 2 part of M1 Garand.
- Wikipedia entry on M1 Garand
- The M1 “Tanker” Garand Myth
- Gunboards Forum of the 'Tanker' Garand Origin
- The Select-Fire M1 Garand Rifle
- T31: John Garand’s Bullpup
- Dutch Version of M1 Garand
- The Art of Girls' Frontline, vol. 1, p. 92
- Did the Garand`s "ping" get GIs killed?
- Garand clip 'ping' - cost many soldiers their lives in WWII