|Full name||Rifle, Caliber 5.56 mm, M16|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||Colt's Manufacturing Company, Daewoo Precision Industries, FN Herstal, H&R Firearms, General Motors, Elisco Tool and Manufacturing Company, U.S. Ordnance|
|Faction||90WISH, AR Team, Griffin & Kryuger,|
|Voice actor||Yamane Nozomi|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Not craftable.
DROP Not obtainable as a drop.
REWARD Quest Reward for clearing 4-6
Stats / Data
The M16 rifle, officially designated Rifle, Caliber 5.56 mm, M16, is a United States military adaptation of the Armalite AR-15 rifle. In 1964, the M16 entered American military service and the following year was deployed for jungle warfare operations during the Vietnam War.
In 1969, the M16A1 replaced the M14 rifle to become the U.S. military's standard service rifle. The M16A1 improvements include a bolt-assist, chrome plated bore and a new 30-round magazine. The U.S. Army XM16E1 was essentially the same weapon as the M16 with the addition of a forward assist and corresponding notches in the bolt carrier. The M16A1 was the finalized production model in 1967.
To address issues raised by the XM16E1's testing cycle, a closed, bird-cage flash suppressor replaced the XM16E1's three-pronged flash suppressor which caught on twigs and leaves. Various other changes were made after numerous problems in the field. Cleaning kits were developed and issued while barrels with chrome-plated chambers and later fully lined bores were introduced.
With these and other changes, the malfunction rate slowly declined and new soldiers were generally unfamiliar with early problems. A rib was built into the side of the receiver on the XM16E1 to help prevent accidentally pressing the magazine release button while closing the ejection port cover. This rib was later extended on production M16A1s to help in preventing the magazine release from inadvertently being pressed. The hole in the bolt that accepts the cam pin was crimped inward on one side, in such a way that the cam pin may not be inserted with the bolt installed backwards, which would cause failures to eject until corrected. The M16A1 is no longer in service with the United States, but is still standard issue in many world armies.
M16A1, despite being an AR, can work as a tanker for the team due to the fact that she can equip armor plates along with exoskeleton, having the highest possible evasion among all armored dolls in the game. The fact that she uses flashbang, a great tanking skill, also adds to her ability as a tanker. Her armor+evasion tanking ability stands out the most when grinding for XP and cores with minimum amount of resources.
M16A1 works great side-by-side with SMG RO635. First off, they both benefit from each other's formation buff when placed this way. Secondly, their skills work together great as well. RO635's mental shock ability decreases enemy's firepower, letting you make the most of M16A1's armor against weaker enemies.
- A member of the "Anti-Rain" Team, who are considered one of the powerful squads in the story.
- Despite her name and carrying a M16A1 in her portrait, she instead uses a M4/CAR15 in her chibi sprite as evident from the handguard and adjustable stock.
- In Vietnam War, some of M16A1 Re-Tooled it's magazine chamber to feed 30-rounds AK-47/Type 56 magazine in order to increase its reliability and additional firepower. Later the same method was applied to SR-47, a modified version of AR-15 that able to feed AK-47 mags, while had been rejected in U.S Military Service due the several major flaws.
- M16A1 shares the same artist (海猫络合物) as AR M4A1,AR M4 SOPMOD II and SMG RO635.
- Her eyepatch and headset are likely a reference to Naked Snake, the main protagonist from the acclaimed Metal Gear Solid 3 game of the Metal Gear franchise.
- Both the official manga and the mobile game have M16 shouldering her weapon on her right side and aiming down her sights despite having an eyepatch over her right eye. This is likely another reference to Naked Snake who often shoots while aiming down the sights with his eyepatch. The same could be said about her in-game Chibi-sprites which also shoulders the gun on her right side despite having her right eye covered by her eye-patch.
- The official manga of Girls' Frontline depicts M16 as being ambidextrous.
|List of T-Dolls|