|Full name||Heckler & Koch G3|
|Country of origin||West Germany|
|Manufacturer||Heckler & Koch|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Yoshioka Kaori|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN (Gr G3), JP (Gr G3)|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 2:50:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP Can be obtained from many battle stages from Chapter 2-3 onward.
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
Stats / Data
The G3 (Gewehr 3) is a select-fire West German 7.62x51mm NATO battle rifle derived from the Spanish CETME rifle. Though replaced by the G36 in service with the Bundeswehr in 1997, the G3 still serves faithfully as the standard issue rifle in Portugal, Greece, Jordan and other countries globally.
In 1955, the West German government formed the Bundeswehr (German Federal Army) and were equipped with surplus war equipment such as the M1 Garand. This was an immediate problem for the Bundeswehr for reasons being A. Increasing standardisation of NATO countries to 7.62, and B. The need for a modern rifle to compete with the Soviet AK rifles. This was initially remedied by the FN FAL which was formally adopted as the G1 rifle, but this process came to an abrupt end as FN and the Belgian government refused to licence the FN FAL to Germany due to being invaded by Germany twice in recent memory. As a result, Germany kept looking for a new service rifle. During this process, the Bundeswehr looked toward Spain and their recently developed CETME rifle. Ironically, the CETME rifle was developed from Mauser engineers that had worked on the StG-45 who then moved from Germany to Spain after the Second World War. Most notably, the CETME rifle utilised a 'roller delayed blowback operating system' that was designed to reduce recoil. Originally, the CETME rifle was chambered in 7.92x33 Kurz which was the round from the preceding StG-45 and StG-44. Spain was intent on selling it internationally, from this, it found its way to Germany through the Dutch, however, Germany was interested in adopting a logistically-friendly rifle that used 7.62x51mm along with most other NATO nations. German trials eventually centered on a revised version of the CETME rifle, utilising the fullpower 7.62 cartridge, beating out the SIG 510 (G2) and Armalite AR-10 (G4), then formally adopted by the Bundeswehr in 1959.
The G3 rifle is a selective fire, magazine fed rifle, built using delayed blowback action, developed by German engineers at Mauser Werke late in the Second World War. G3 is built using as many stamped parts as possible. The receiver is stamped from sheet steel. The trigger unit housing along with pistol grip, also are stamped from steel and hinged to the receiver using the cross-pin in the front of the trigger unit behind the magazine housing. Earliest G3 rifles also featured stamped handguards and CETME flip-up rear diopter sights. G3's were very similar to CETME rifles, to where all G3's up to 1961 had CETME markings on the recievers.
As one of the early characters that can be obtained during Beta tests, G3 is definitely a main force for early players. Her illustrations are considered by some to be of comparable quality to some 5 star characters.
According to social media posts by PHI (the artist), "the black units on both sides of the head are pyramid-shaped simple version communication modules. (They are non-detachable, so please do not do this to G3, warranty not provided if they are broken)."" They are also very sensitive so if one touches them, G3 would feel that."
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game.
Alternate gallery consisting of artworks with slight alterations as well as miscellaneous artworks.
G3's mod3 character sheet produced by artist
- During Operation Trikora(Tri Komando Rakyat) in the Western New Guinea Conflict, Rheinmetall production G3s with retractable stocks were exported to Indonesia for Indonesian Air Force Paratroopers. However, the delivery was considered a violation of the Grundgesetz (Basic Law) in the German Constitution which stated that German weapons manufacturers were restricted from exporting their weapons into conflict zones.
- The G3 is the direct descendant of the StG-45, the first iteration of H&K's Roller-delayed blowback small arms (like the SMG MP5MP5 ) and the first to harbor the H&K slap.
- The G3 was the FN FAL's competitor for the Battle Rifle throne during its time and considered by many to be the better rifle. The FAL reigned supreme in the Commonwealth while the G3 was adopted by Germany, Norway, Sweden and by many minor countries.
- The Portuguese highly regard the G3 ever since its adoption during the Portuguese Colonial War of the 60s/70s. The rifle was known as the soldier's "girlfriend" during the war, and as Colonel Carlos Matos Gomes recorded "the one with whom we slept or, in the barracks, was hung by the bandolier at the foot of the bed or at the head,"
- In the EN and JP release of Girls' Frontline this gun's name was changed to Gr G3, likely to avoid copyright issues.
- Other than G3 herself, the game has released 6 more characters derived from the G3 gun: SMG MP5MP5 , AR G41G41 ,AR HK33HK33 , RF PSG-1PSG-1 , MG HK23HK23 and MG HK21HK21 .
|List of T-Dolls|