|Full name||Mauser Construktion 96|
|Country of origin||German Empire|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Itatani Ayaka|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 0:30:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP Can be obtained from many battle stages from Chapter 1-6 onward.
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
There is no exclusive equipment for this T-Doll.
Stats / Data
The Mauser C96 (Construktion 96) is a semi-automatic pistol that was originally produced by German arms manufacturer Mauser from 1896 to 1937. Unlicensed copies of the gun were also manufactured in Spain and China in the first half of the 20th century. The distinctive characteristics of the C96 are the integral box magazine in front of the trigger, the long barrel, the wooden shoulder stock which gives it the stability of a short-barreled rifle and doubles as a holster or carrying case, and a unique grip shaped like the handle of a broom. The grip earned the gun the nickname "Broomhandle" in the English-speaking world because of its round wooden handle, and in China the C96 was nicknamed the "box cannon" (盒子炮) because of its rectangular internal magazine and the fact it could be holstered in its wooden box-like detachable stock. With its long barrel and high-velocity cartridge, the Mauser C96 had superior range and better penetration than most other pistols; the 7.63×25mm Mauser cartridge was the highest velocity commercially manufactured pistol cartridge until the advent of the .357 Magnum cartridge in 1935. Mauser manufactured approximately 1 million C96 pistols, while the number produced in Spain and China was large but unknown due to the loss, non-existence or poor preservation of production records from those countries.
C96 wears a SS (Schutzstaffel) uniform, a SS armband with Balkenkreuz logo instead of controversial Hakenkreuz which used by SS Officer in real life and prohibited in several countries. She also has an emblem with 3 diamond and 3 lines on her collar, meaning she was a Hauptsturmführer (Storm Chief Leader) or Captain. She has a cross-shaped iris in her eyes.
- In the EN release this gun received a heavy amount of redesign. Likely regarding issues with the Iron Cross and Germany.
- The C96 Been used as a Prop for the DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol Used by Han Solo from the Movie Star Wars.
- In WWI, C96s were used by Austro-Hungarian tail gunner. C96 known equipped with high-velocity bullet and long barrel to guarantee a higher accuracy in the era. While the effect of this modified C96 causing shotgun-like damage effect when successfully hit the target's aircraft due the lightweight material preferred in the period(mostly from canvas), it would take a longer time to reload each pistol.
- The Trench Version of C96, M1917 Trench Carbine was manufactured and being issued to German Empire in order to improve ability for trench raid and compete with 32-round Drum Magazine P08. M1917 Trench Carbine preferred 40-round box magazine and come with fixed buttstock over the original removable stock. However, due of manufacturing cost which affect other firearms production without firing mechanism improvement, the M1917 Trench Carbine ended with only a small quantity being manufactured. With Versailles Treaty signed, most of them was destroyed; thus making M1917 Trench Carbine extremely rare for collector with $34,500 for an unit.
- C96 was used by Vlado Chernozemski to assassinate Alexander I of Yugoslavia during his visit in France.
- Wikipedia entry on Mauser C96
- Modified C96 page
- M1917 Trench Carbine on James D. Julia Antique Auctions
|List of T-Dolls|