|Full name||Avtomat Special'nyj Val "Special Automatic Rifle Val"|
|Country of origin||Soviet Union|
|Manufacturer||Tula Arms Plant|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Uesaka Sumire|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 3:30:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP 0-2, 3-6, 3-3E, 3-4E, 4-3, 4-1E, 5-1, 5-5, 5-6, 6-1, 6-6, 7-4, 8-1, 8-2, 9-2, 9-1E, 10-3, 11-6, 11-2E
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
Stats / Data
The AS Val (Avtomat Special'nyj Val, or Special Automatic Rifle Val) is a selective fire assault rifle developed by the Soviet Union's Central Institute for Precision Machine Building (TsNIITochMash). It is also known by its code name of 'Shaft'. The AS Val was a project aimed at creating a rifle for urban combat and reconnaissance sorties.
The operating mechanism of the Val is derived from the Kalashnikov rifle's gas-operated, rotating bolt design. The Val is built to be capable of firing standard 9x39mm calibre Soviet munitions, however the primary munition for the Val is the subsonic SP-6 high-performance AP round. The AS Val is capable of firing this specialty cartridge at a muzzle velocity of 295 meters per second. The Val is able to achieve a rate of fire of 900 rounds per minute, up to an effective range of 300 metres. Similar to a Kalashnikov rifle, the AS Val also features a charging handle on the right side of the gun, a magazine release behind the well, and a left side folding stock. Various optics can be mounted on the Val using a Kalashnikov-style clamp optic mount, and accessories such as laser sights and fore-grips can be strapped on the suppressor.
The AS Val's most notable design feature is the integrated suppressor. Val's barrel is only 200mm long, but the large suppressor measures up to 284.36mm in length and 35.86mm in diameter. The suppressor itself wraps along the barrel, and the barrel itself has a series of small ports drilled in the rifling grooves leading into the suppressor, which slows and cools the exhaust gases. The suppressor can be removed for cleaning, maintenance and storage but the rifle should not be fired without it fitted, as it can damage the weapon and can potentially harm the operator.
Due to the design being extremely expensive to produce, the AS Val was made in very limited amounts and was supplied only to Russian military intelligence agencies, various Spetsnaz units, and other selected army units under the GRAU designation 6P30. The Val received overwhelmingly positive user feedback, stating that the weapon's reliability rivaled that of an AKM assault rifle, and remained reliably functional and accurate even under extreme conditions. The AS Val took part in some of Russia's modern conflicts such as the Chechen wars, northern Caucasus conflicts and even the ongoing Syrian civil war. Operators using the AS Val were also apparently sighted during Russia's military intervention into Crimea.
A relatively exposed T-doll by character design, she wears a scarf similar to AR 9A-919A-91 , 防弹乳牛 comments that he added this scarf later on when designing 9A-91 because both Val and 9A are designed for a similar role, and that in a sense they are like sisters. She is often referred to as "Teddy" by the player base because of the teddy bear she carries.
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game.
Alternate gallery consisting of artworks with slight alterations as well as miscellaneous artworks.
- Unfortunately, AS Val is the lowest damage dealing AR in the game, with her damage value at max level only reaching 39.
- As of May 16th 2019 on the CN servers this is no longer the case, as AR AS ValAS Val 's digimind upgrade increases her damage stat to 43 when at max level.
- The Russian word Вал ("Val") may mean "large wave" as well; for this reason, the gun's name is translated as 巨浪 ("huge wave") in Chinese-language sources, and the character's in-universe nickname is also 巨浪 rather than "Shaft" in the CN and TW servers.
- This may be the reason why the skill icon for AS Val's second skill resembles a wave.
- Since the AS Val is based on the VSS Vintorez and the SR-3 Vikhr is based on the AS Val, their magazines are all interchangeable with each other. Spetsnaz operators using the Val will also have access to the 10-round magazines of the VSS Vintorez and the 30-round magazines of the SR-3 Vikhr.
- The small teddy bear that AS Val carries with her is named Misha.
- Val's in game sprite retains a grenade launching animation, meaning her previous skill or planned skill was probably a grenadier skill of some kind.
|List of T-Dolls|