|Country of origin||Russian Federation|
|Manufacturer||KBP Instrument Design Bureau|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Nakahara Mai|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 3:35:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP 6-5, 6-2E, 7-6, 7-3E, 8-5, 8-3E, 9-5, 10-1, 10-6, 11-5, 11-4E
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
Stats / Data
Designed by KBP Instrument Design Bureau in 1991 for close quarter urban based combats, 9A-91 was designed to be a cheaper and more versatile alternative to the AS Val and Val derivatives such as the VSS Vintorez and SR-3 Vihkr. Development of 9A-91 also aimed towards being able to fire other cartridges, but when the design was finalized, the 9A-91 family of firearms was set to use the 9x39mm calibre. 9A-91 carbine served as an alternative to the Vihkr/Val, derived weapons from 9A-91 such as the VSK-94 sniper rifle served as an alternative to the Vintorez, the A-91 bullpup carbine was potentially made competing against the costly Groza-1.
The conventional layout, carbine assault rifle 9A-91 is a gas actuated, rotating bolt weapon, actual operation of the gun utilizes a long stroke gas piston located above the barrel and a four lugs rotating bolt. Being one of the rifles derived from the Kalashnikov series, 9A-91 retain the right side charging handle/ejection port. The gun itself has many none-essential components (such as the fore end and pistol grip) made with polymer as possible, designed to reduce the total weight and reduce the manufacturing cost. 9A-91 is also known to be one of the most compact carbine designs in the world having a total length of 373mm with the gun stock folded and suppressor removed (574mm with the stock unfolded).
Feeds from a 20 round magazine, 9A-91 is capable of firing at a rate of 700-900 rounds per minute. The primary servicing cartridge is the subsonic 9x39mm SP-5/SP-6, combined with the short barrel 9A-91's effective combat range restricted to below 100 metres, hence the flip-up rear sights only have settings up to 200 metres. Various Russian issue optics can fit on the rails provided on the left side of the receiver. 9A-91 is currently in service with law enforcement units in Russia.
T-Doll 9A's petite size might be a reference to the small size of 9A-91 carbine, assuming the actual rifle is drawn to scale and used as a comparison, 9A only measures up to approximately 140cm of height. The red beret hat she is wearing is a reference to the Russian internal service troops' uniform, though she wears her beret in a different direction than the other Russian T-Dolls such as AR OTs-12OTs-12 and AR AK-47AK-47 .
The artist 防弹乳牛 would comment that the appearance of 9A-91 was inspired by Tobiichi Origami of Date A Live. (在构思角色的时候参考了《约会大作战》的鸢一折纸。)
9A-91 as a weapon was developed while the USSR was undergoing the process of dissolution, many character design feature of 9A are purely Russian based instead of being influenced by Soviet designs. This might be a reference to the fact that 9A series of rifles being classified as Kalashnikov derivatives but is very different in both exterior design and internal mechanism function. Though she still however wears a post WW2 Soviet Infantry pin on her beret.
The weapon on the official art featured different optical sights, Kobra optic can be found on her default appearance while the PK-AS is found on her Bullet Cafe outfit. But the character sprites for both costumes only features the Kobra. The weapon's stock appears to be smaller than it should be on the default art, but it appears to be the normal size on the costume Bullets Cafe.
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game.
Alternate gallery consisting of artworks with slight alterations as well as miscellaneous artworks.
- 9A was introduced as part of the first batch of additional characters released into the game, which also meant the potential release of AK-74 (or AKS-74U) was hinted as early as July 2016.
- At last, the T-doll SMG AK-74UAK-74U was announced in July/August 2018 together with the 2018 summer event Continuum Turbulence.
- KBP at the time even developed a cheaper version of the SP-6 cartridge named PAB-9, it was originally intended to further reduce the cost for all the subsonic cartridge firing weapons. Unfortunately only the 9A-91 derivatives can fire the PAB-9, as it caused serious damage to Val, Vintorez and Vihkr's barrel when used, that and it's performance is nowhere near SP-6, PAB-9 was soon discontinued.
- Due to cost-lowering efforts. 9A-91 Magazine was changed from 10/20/30 round polymer magazine to its signature 20 round straight steel magazine.
- Because of this, 9A-91 is unable to use other 9x39 weapons magazine nor lend them its own magazine for other 9x39 weapons to use (Unless it's VSK-94).
|List of T-Dolls|