is an obtainable Tactical Doll is your adjutant in Girls Frontline. She plays a vital role in the story and also mans the Store, where she will complain if you don't spend anything each visit.
She is obtainable by simply starting your career as a G&K Commander - see the Tutorial. As soon as the game has finished the opening sequences, Kalina will be present as your adjutant (or secretary, if you're more familiar with that term). She will then guide you through the tutorial, which demonstrates various functions and explains basic mechanics of the game.
Like some other T-Dolls, Kalina comes with her stock Live2D outfit enabled by default, unless Live2D is disabled in the game options in which she will be a static image. As you progress in the game, other Kalina outfits will become available for purchase. These outfits are unfortunately static imagery in which she will no longer be animated or react to being tapped or device shakes.
Despite her looks, she cannot participate in battle as she is not armed with any weapons. She is often seen carrying a tablet device which closely resembles a certain fruity company's tablet device.
TODO: Screenshot with Kalina on main menu.
A long time employee of G&K private military contractor. Some point during childhood Kalina lost both of her parents in the post war civil unease, as an orphan she developed the obsession for wealth and fortune at a young age. Kyruger came across the young Kalina shortly after forming G&K, out of pity Kyruger employed Kalina's service in the company even though she was under aged.
While she says its fine to call her "Kalin", Her full name is Kalina (meaning "sweet viburnum"). She's a logistics officer on a Griffin branch base, and her main job is to coordinate resource movements for the tactical commander. However due to a lack of manpower in such a distant location, she also carries out the duties of a secretary.
She is cheerful, passionate and casual by nature and is very friendly to the Commander. For the most part she is diligent at her work, but in her private life she has a typical girlish side to her. She is a perfectly normal human being other than the fact that she takes much longer afternoon naps then others... (are we partially to blame for this for overworking her?)
She's surprisingly adept at using old-school computers, a rare skill in this day and age. Apparently she's a capable artist as well.
Additional outfits for Kalina are unlocked by tapping her heart bubble in the shop or by an Event of sorts. While the game keeps track of how many times you have tapped her heart icon in the achievements menu, unfortunately the game does not display any form of progress bar or numeric value towards unlocking the next outfit. Additional affection can be gained by simply buying something from her shop, the higher the gems you've spent, the higher her affection goes up.
As you increase Kalina's affection you'll occasionally see a particle effect show up on her which will indicate you've increased her affection level, when you see this you may get a prompt saying you unlocked one of her 3 affection related costumes.
Kalina's outfits can be viewed and changed when in the shop.
- Default Outfit: Her default appearance. Comes in Live2D format, as well as static image format.
- Rays of Youth: Kalina sports a loose, thin dress shirt and a striped red tie. Her default skirt becomes slightly longer and solid black instead of plaid, and her sunglasses are replaced with regular, red-rimmed eyeglasses.
- This Costume for Kalina is obtained by increasing her affection by a minor ~ small level.
- Urban Freedom: Kalina sports herself a fine red/pink jacket, black undershirt and frilly skirt, her shoes consist of a pair of orange boots with red laces while she wears a pair of knee-high black and white striped socks, lastly her sunglasses change to a pair of black-rimmed glasses while her hair is now tied up in low twin-tails.
- This Costume for Kalina is obtained by increasing her affection by a moderate ~ large level.
- Rock 'n' Spanner: Kalina sports herself a black tanktop and green jumper which she has tied around her waist, instead of a skirt she's wearing a pair of shorts with one-sided stockings covering her right leg with some minor rips in them, as well as a pair of simple black-laced knee-high boots. Her sunglasses has been swapped out for a pair of shades which is hanging around her neck while she's also go her hair tied up in a high-ponytail.
- This Costume for Kalina is obtained by increasing her affection by a Large ~ Huge level, possibly maxing out her affection.
- Griffon Uniform: Kalina sports herself the Griffon's uniform, a Large red overcoat with black collars, cuffs and belts around the waist and gold buttons, she also wears black leather thigh high boots with some padding on the knees, although she's wearing it sloppily, her uniform is slightly off her shoulders revealing her white dress shirt and black necktie. Her sunglasses has been swapped out for a pair of thin round glasses and her hair is tied up in her usual sidetail and she also appears to be wearing a black headset.
- This Costume for Kalina was obtainable from a login event during the game's first Anniversary.
- Gems & Fireworks: ...
- This Costume for Kalina was obtainable from a Various events during the Autumn festival, it was the primary reward for Bingo in the CN servers, and players who missed out during its initial release were able to re-obtain it from a voucher event by redeeming 150 vouchers in the Event shop in-game.
- Winter Party: ...
- This Costume for Kalina was obtainable from a Voucher event during Christmas by redeeming 150 vouchers or in this case, Gingerbread Men in the Event shop in-game.
- Black Cat: ...
- This Costume for Kalina was obtainable during the Glory Day's Collab Event, players who completed map while the event was live were able to farm Crowns which was used to redeem various rewards in the Event shop, Kalina's cosplay was redeemable for 150 Crowns.
- Lover's Discourse: ...
- This Costume for Kalina was obtainable during the Cupid's Reply Valentines Voucher event, players who completed boss maps were able to farm chocolate dinergates which was used to redeem various rewards in the Event shop, Kalina's costume was redeemable for 150 chocolate dinergates.
- Her censored artwork due to Chinese regulations features her wearing a T-Shirt underneath her clothes, her uncensored artwork reveals her cleavage.
- Her uncensored artwork can be viewed in some cutscenes.
- SMG MP7 gave her the nickname "Gold Digger", due to her obsession with Gems.
- She is enslaved by many players to write Battle Reports, as shown by a Madcore Comic on the "Downloading Game Data" screen in which she finishes a batch of reports, only to be dumped with more combat data. It is also depicted that she had consumed many energy drinks (in the form of the battery consumable item in the comic).
- Despite saying so, Kalina doesn't actually give the player any discounts in the store.
- Her "Griffon Uniform" costume contains an accidental typo.