|Full name||Fusil d'Assaut de la Manufacture d'Armes de Saint-Étienne|
|Country of origin||France|
|Manufacturer||Manufacture d'armes de Saint-Étienne (MAS), GIAT Industries, Nexter Systems|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Matsui Eriko|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN (Fr FAMAS), JP (Fr FAMAS)|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 3:30:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP 0-1, 4-5, 5-5, 5-4E, 6-2, 6-3E, 7-1, 7-4E, 8-3, 9-4, 10-2, 10-1E, 11-1, 11-1E
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
Stats / Data
One of the more famously known bullpup configured rifle in the world, FAMAS is an acronym of the firearm's function and the place of production, Assault Rifle from the Saint-Étienne Weapon Factory. Designed by the MAS group (Now merged with GIAT Industries and formed the Nexter Systems) in 1971, with the prototype evaluation finished and the FAMAS entered service in the French Army in 1978. FAMAS is often referred to the F1 variant, since it is the model currently enlisted to service by the French army, though improved G1/G2 variants of FAMAS were made but they did not enter service with the French Army, instead the French Navy purchase a sum of the G2 model and issue it to their Naval Marine forces.
FAMAS classifies as a 5.56 calibre, selective fire, assault rifle that uses a lever-delayed blowback action mechanism. Chambered with the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge, feeds from a proprietary 25-round magazine, FAMAS is able to reach a rate of fire of 900 rounds per minute, fire rate of FAMAS is considerable faster than most other assault rifles due to the lever-delayed blowback mechanism that was derived from a machinegun. Able to cover up to an effective firing range of 300 metre with the 488mm long barrel and default iron sight. G2 variant has a improved rate of fire, range and reliability, also added compatibility with the 30-round STANAG issue magazines.
French Army issue FAMAS have various design features to meet the design specification, include a bipod mounted on top of the front receiver, charging handle is located beneath the carrying handle, carrying handle itself can mount various French/NATO issue optics with appropriate adapters. Fire control unit is located in front of the trigger and covered by the trigger guard, it can enable semi-automatic, 3-round burst on top of fully automatic fire and functions as a safety. FAMAS do not have compatible under barrel grenade launchers designed for it, but rifle grenades are issued to FAMAS users and can be fired from the flash hider with blank munitions, grenade sights can be pulled out from beneath the carrying handle. The same muzzle device could also fix bayonets.
F1 model FAMAS rifle suffers from a few performance issues such as poor quality polymer parts, poorly made/used magazine creating malfunctions of the rifle on occasions, overheating issues with continuous firing and costly/long maintenance routine, some of which the G1/G2 and Felin model managed to fix. The French army is currently replacing their servicing FAMAS F1 with the H&K made HK416F. FAMAS saw action in various modern era conflicts such as the Gulf War and conflicts in Afghanistan with the French Foreign Legion.
A T-Doll of roughly 150-160cm of height, different from most other T-Doll art, FAMAS looks more action like in her official art with her combat pose. Her gun is also quite oversized compared to her body proportion, which is also happened to RF Kar98kKar98k . FAMAS wears a long red overcoat over her blue dress and what appears to be pantyhose type stocking into her white boots. The rifle grenades in her bag also appears to be a little bit oversized.
As evidenced by the trigger guard, grenade sight, and the straight 25-round magazine, she uses the original production variant FAMAS F1, currently in service with the French Army. Although, the bayonet is incorrectly positioned under-barreled, where it should be above. In her costume Guns N' Side Boxes, the bayonet mistake is repeated, the magazine is also changed to a STANAG style magazine, however the F1 model FAMAS cannot accept STANAG issue magazines.
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game.
- FAMAS FÉLIN was introduced as a part of FÉLIN combat system project, which reduced the size and height of carrying handle with addition of Rail system, removing alidade grenade launching sight, and include a front grip which used as controlling mechanism of SWORD Multi-Sight when attached.
- The F1 Variant has fatal issue regarding the type of ammunition: When the Brass-cased 5.56mm chambered to FAMAS F1, it will result on malfunction when being fired because of overpressure which damages the component. To fix the issue, chamber fluting is the only attempt to make brass-cased ammunition compatible with F1.
- It should be noted the incident which result in injury of operators when the foreign-made ammunition was chambered into FAMAS F1. Therefore, French Government forbid any usage of foreign ammunition other than old-manufactured F1 Type O(Ordinaire) 5.56mm before the further manufacturing is ceased due the closure of GIAT.
- G2 is only the variant of FAMAS, which compatible with all type of 5.56mm ammunition to overcome issue of F1 had.
- While so, FAMAS Valorise variant was designed for non-FÉLIN user which exclude controlling front grip. Both of the variant still retains the characteristics of FAMAS F1.
- FAMAS was incorrectly launched grenade with bayonet fitted on: unless it was launched by underslung grenade launcher device in the bottom of receiver, there's no way to launch grenade projectile with bayonet attached as the bayonet guard obstruct the compensator.
- The grenade projectile which used FAMAS as her primary skill was APAV40 F2 multi-role grenade. It was a current variant of APAV40 where the projectile could be launched with live round.
- However, the conical warhead which stored in FAMAS bag closely resembles as F-7 Fragmentation projectile. It is unknown who will using it or why she stored it. But if it was used by FAMAS herself, the more appropriate projectile should be a AC58(Anti-Char 58mm) since the warhead shape somewhat identical with F-7 projectile.
|List of T-Dolls|