|Full name||FN FAL|
|Country of origin||Belgium|
|Manufacturer||Fabrique Nationale de Herstal|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Yoshimura Haruka|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtainEdit
NORMALHEAVY Timer 3:45:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP Not obtainable as a drop.
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
There is no exclusive equipment for this T-Doll.
Stats / DataEdit
FAL operates by means of a gas-operated action very similar to that of the Russian SVT-40. The gas system is driven by a short-stroke, spring-loaded piston housed above the barrel, and the locking mechanism is what is known as a tilting breechblock. To lock, it drops down into a solid shoulder of metal in the heavy receiver much like the bolts of the Russian SKS carbine and French MAS-49 series of semi-automatic rifles. The gas system is fitted with a gas regulator behind the front sight base, allowing adjustment of the gas system in response to environmental conditions. The piston system can be bypassed completely, using the gas plug, to allow for the firing of rifle grenades and manual operation. FAL's magazine capacity ranges from 5 to 30 rounds, with most magazines holding 20 rounds. In fixed stock versions of the FAL, the recoil spring is housed in the stock. However, in folding-stock versions, it is housed in the receiver cover, necessitating a slightly different receiver cover, recoil spring, and bolt carrier, and a modified lower receiver for the stock.
FAL rifles have also been manufactured in both light and heavy-barrel configurations, with the heavy barrel intended for automatic fire as a section or squad light support weapon. Most heavy barrel FALs are equipped with bipods, although some light barrel models were equipped with bipods, such as the Austrian StG58 and the German G1, and a bipod was later made available as an accessory.
Among other 7.62×51mm NATO battle rifles at the time, the FN FAL had a relatively light recoil due to the gas system being able to be tuned via regulator in fore-end of the rifle, which allowed for excess gas which would simply increase recoil to bleed off. In fully automatic mode, however, the shooter receives considerable abuse from recoil, and the weapon climbs off-target quickly, making automatic fire only of marginal effectiveness. Many military forces using FAL rifles eventually eliminated full-automatic firearms training in the light-barrel FAL.
Artist Suisai commented on FAL's design on the Artbook <THE ART OF GIRLS'FRONTLINE UNTIL THE STARS>:
- The first edition appearance was based on English version L1A1, but the results was not that good, then changed it back to FAL, and kept original ideas of the ferret and the kukri on L1A1.
- As one of the best three product of FN company, FAL must be the pride of FN. In this case the inspiration of her is about “Elite” and “Noble”, which lead to an outstanding and core member of the team.
- Idea of T-Doll + T-Pet comes from the movie Cats & Dogs, at the beginning the T-Pet was a cat, but it was too big, then I realized that ferret should be the one while in snow area, and changed into it. And it has a name fal (same as its master).
The flower on Wedding skin “The Most Important Day”, the flower on her hand is the National flower of Belgium—Azalea Flower (Same as Five-seveN).
The story behind creating the ferret:
- At beginning there was an idea about “Fox Hunter”, so the first impression was Arctic fox, its logo was also finished. Then thought again, fox is too big, changed into cat, but it seems cats are troublesome (in some ways), then suddenly a new idea flash through my head (Are you New-Type?), cats→mongoose→weasel→ferret, then the first generation ferret was born. (Connect to the previous mention about L1A1, looks like originally FAL has got pink hair.)
- After a bit time found out that the result feels kinda weird, so the ferret was reworked and became the current 2nd generation ferret fal.
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game.
Alternate gallery consisting of artworks with slight alterations as well as miscellaneous artworks.
- FAL was nicknamed "The right arm of the free world" because it was widely used by NATO countries and American/European-friendly nations.
- The British version of FAL, the L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle had removed the automatic fire function. During the Falkland War in 1982, the British soldiers preferred to use the original version of FAL which looted from their Argentine opponent.
- The 5.56 version of FAL, FN CAL was manufactured in early 70's. FN CAL is the first FAL derivative which features 3-Round Burst firing mode, however it was failed on market because its complexity parts design and expensive price, and stopped the production until being succeeded by FN FNC which became a huge success accross the world.
- FAL is the team leader of Team FN. As of May 2018, Team FN consist of 6 members: FAL, HG Five-seveN, AR FNC, RF FN-49, AR F2000, and RF Ballista.
- Though Team FN is extraordinary events specialists and FAL being the leader of the team, FAL herself didn't actually appear in Hitoribocchi and Glory Day events, only 57 made an appearance.
- Has the slowest priming animation for her grenade out of any AR, she takes 41 frames for each nade while others such as AR HK416 take 31 frames. This was most likely done to balance her faster Initial CD and the ability to deploy multiple grenades.