|Full name||Mosin-Nagant M1891/30|
|Manufacturer||Tula, Izhevsk, Sestroryetsk, Manufacture Nationale d'Armes de Châtellerault, Remington, New England Westinghouse, many others|
|Voice actor||Sumire Uesaka|
Mosin-Nagant is an obtainable Tactical Doll in the game.
The Mosin-Nagant is a Russian bolt-action, magazine fed rifle. It is most commonly chambered in the 7.62x54mmR cartridge, which was designed alongside the rifle. The Mosin-Nagant has been in service from 1892-1998 with about 37,000,000 being produced. It was made famous for its use by the USSR in World War II. It has seen action in wars such as the Russo-Japanese war all the way to the Vietnam War and has been used by nations all over the world including Russia, China, Finland, Hungary, Poland and almost every nation that received aid from the Soviet Union. Many nations have also produced their own copies of the Mosin-Nagant. The Mosin-Nagant remains popular in both combat and collector's markets. Many are still found in use by insurgents in the current Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Due to the large number of rifles produced, the Mosin-Nagant is also a very common (and inexpensive) collector's rifle, with many still available on the surplus market. Also used by hunters and sportsmen, aftermarket products are available for their purposes. It is also considered to be the most widely used sniper rifle. Sniper conversions were mostly made from M1930 and onward. They were rifles handpicked for accuracy during factory testing and pre-sighting; they were then modified with a down-turned bolt handle and optical sights.
|Acquisition||指挥官同志,хорошо！||同志、ハラショー||Comrade Commander, хорошо!|
|Secretary||哎呀，怎么了？||あら、どうしたの?||Oh, what's going on?|
|肚子饿了呢。没什么吃的吗？||お腹すいたわ、何か食べ物はないのかしら。||A bit hungry. Got anything to eat?|
|嘻嘻，对我有兴趣吗？||うふふ、私に興味あるの?||Heh, interested in me are you?|
|Secretary (post OATH)||
|Joining an echelon|
|Starting a combat mission|
|Starting a battle|
|New Year's Day||
- Judging from the iron bar at the center of barrel band , flat rear sight adjuster and the taller globe front sight of the rifle she carried, it was Mosin-Nagant M91/30. The Mosin-Nagant M91/30 were called by gun collector as "Ex-Dragoon", because the old Cossack and Dragoon Mosin Rifle was converted and modernised with new sights, handguard, barrel bands, and restamped rear sight in metres instead of standard Russian measurement(Arshinii). It worth noting if she carried a sniper version, based from the bent version of bolt handle in Mosin-Nagant rifle instead of early straight bolt handle. This gives a more space between scope and bolt handle without damaging the scope itself, and as the drawback, operator forced to insert each bullet instead of stripper clip when the scope attached on.
- Simo Hayha, known as the 'White Death' scored the most highest sniper kill of 505 Russian Red Army by using shortened version of Finnish-Manufactured Mosin Rifle, M/28-30 Rifle, called 'Pystykorva' or Spitz. The Pystykorva Rifle itself was a mainstay weapon for Civil Guard of Finland, or known as White Guard. Hayha himself prefer ironsight over attaching scope, as it means he would likely blow up his cover if the sunlight reflected the scope lens.
- During Russian Revolution in 1917, Russian partisan shorten the length of Mosin rifle by cutting off its buttstock and barrel in order to deliver maximum firepower in short-range and ability to conceal its weapon while trading the accuracy and mostly, effective range. Thus it called 'Obrez' by partisans or Sawed-off Mosin..
- Mosin-Nagant Rifle was Re-manufactured in 2000 in order of Central Design Bureau for Sporting and Hunting Arms of Tula(TsKIB SOO) as OTs-48 and OTs-48K. OTs-48K uses the same barrel and receiver of earlier Mosin-Nagant rifle, while the feeding system were changed into bullpup-bolt-action by installing the new bullpup stock of Mosin-Nagant. This includes a redesigned of folded front and rear sight, and an addition of side rail to adapt Russian scope mounting standard. So far, OTs-48K ownership was limited for Russian Law Enforcement Agency only.
- The Dyakonov Grenade Launcher Device was entered service in 1928 by Lt. Mikhail Dyakonov for Mosin Rifle. It uses 40,6mm grenade projectile. Dyakonov Grenade Launcher were used by Red Army until 1942, and re-entered in service. Interestingly, instead using a blank cartridge like many grenade launcher does, Dyakonov Grenade Launcher can launch the grenade projectile with live cartridge, while for VKG-40 Anti-Tank Grenade uses special blank cartridge.
- Mosin-Nagant Rifle was the most produced rifle with approx. 37.000.000 and entered the service during Eastern Front, while the Soviet Army lost their men with the body count in WWII over 9.000.000. Nonetheless, Mosin-Nagant considered as the most used weapon among former communist countries and has a longest service time(was used by pro-Russian at war in Donbass) ever.
- In Winter War and Eastern Front, Soviet army often mix gun oil and gasoline in order to keep its component from freezing solid.
- Coincidentally, there's an in-game weapon called 'Mosin-Nagant Sumire' from A.V.A(Alliance of Valiant Arms), as the Mosin-Nagant Rifle was voiced by Uesaka Sumire. While there's a video showing the gameplay of Mosin-Nagant Sumire that uploaded in 4 years ago, it's still unknown if those in-game weapon may be an inspiration for MICA Team to hire Uesaka Sumire as Mosin-Nagant. It should be noted if Sumire means Violet in Japanese.
- Cheerful and easy-going.
- Wikipedia entry on Mosin–Nagant
- Mosin-Nagant Rifle in Moegirl
- Soviet M91/30
- The page of Mosin-Nagant 'Obrez' Rifle
- Modern Firearms Page of Bullpup Mosin Rifle
- IMFDB Page of Dyakonov GL
- Wehrmacht-Awards.com Forum
- The Art of Girls' Frontline, vol. 1, p. 67