|Full name||Maschinengewehr 42|
Großfuß AG, MAGET
|Voice actor||Sayaka Yokoya|
MG42 is an obtainable Tactical Doll in the game.
The MG42 (shortened from German Maschinengewehr 42, or "Machine rifle 42") was a general purpose machine gun that was developed for and entered service with the German Wehrmacht in 1942, during World War II. The 7.92mm rifle caliber weapon was developed from, and was intended to supplant the MG 34 machine gun, though both would continue to be used and manufactured until the end of that war.
The MG42 has the highest average rate of fire of any single-barreled light machine gun, resulting in a distinct muzzle report. It has a proven record of reliability, durability, simplicity, and ease of operator use. The MG42's lineage continued past Germany's defeat, forming the basis for the nearly identical MG1, and subsequently improved into the still very similar MG2, which was in turn followed by the MG3. It also spawned the Swiss MG 710, MG 42/59. It and the MG3 were in service with many armies during the Cold War and remain so into the 21st century.
|Acquisition||是指挥官吗,说起来……您喜欢木锯的声音嘛？||初めまして、指揮官様、布を切り裂くような音を聞いてみませんか。||Nice to meet you commander. Would you like to hear cloth ripping sound?|
|Secretary||指挥官，不好好瞄准可不行哦。||指揮官様、間違って射っちゃったら大変なんだから。||Commander, if you misfire that would be bad|
|指挥官，有什么作战计划吗？||指揮官様、これは何の作戦でしゅか?||Commander, what kind of mission is this?|
|Secretary (post OATH)||
Eh? You... choose me, commander? Then... I'll give you a hug. Next call MG34 sis and the three of us can celebrate it together. It's okay isn't it?
|Greeting||ふぁ～～っんん...指揮官様、おはようございましゅう。||Hoaaammm... Good morning commander|
|T-Doll Produced||指揮官様、製造が終わったでしゅよう。||Commander, production is complete you know.|
|Joining an echelon||大丈夫、絶対活躍しましゅから、見ててくだしゃいね。|
|Starting a combat mission|
|Starting a battle|
|New Year's Day||
- Nicknamed "Hitler's buzzsaw", "Hitler's zipper", "linoleum ripper", "Hitlersäge ("Hitler's saw")", "Bonesaw" and "Calico-tearer" due the distinctive sound that produced from its rate of fire.
- MG42 cannot be mounted on machine gun hull, mainly because the hull armor prevented the barrel replacement mechanism to the side of the weapon. MG42 only seen placed at tank turret cupola.
- Interestingly, the MG42 was used as Remote-Controlled Stationary Machine Gun in Jagdpanzer 38(t) 'Hetzer'.
- While so, the RoF of MG42 considered as waste of ammunition, as it will burn up ammo belt very quickly.
- This is a reason of MP40 and G43 always hiding their ammunition supplies from MG42. Especially G43 which using a same ammunition as MG42 does.
- The US Machine Gun, T24 was a duplication of MG42 with only slight change of US-Standard Rear Sight, and ability to feed with Springfield cartridge(.30-06).
- Younger sister of MG34.