|Full name||United States Submachine Gun, Cal. .45, M3|
|Manufacturer||General Motors, Ithaca Gun Company|
|Voice actor||Yamane Nozomi|
M3 is an obtainable Tactical Doll in the game.
The M3 was an automatic, air-cooled blowback-operated weapon that fired from an open bolt. The M3 was chambered for the same .45 round fired by the Thompson submachine gun, but was cheaper to produce, and lighter, although contrary to popular belief it was far less accurate. Constructed of plain .060-in. thick sheet steel, the M3 receiver was stamped in two halves that were then welded together. The M3 was striker-fired, with a fixed firing pin contained inside the bolt. The bolt was drilled longitudinally to support two parallel guide rods, upon which were mounted twin return (recoil) springs. This configuration allowed for larger machining tolerances while providing operating clearance in the event of dust, sand, or mud ingress. The M3 featured a spring-loaded extractor which was housed inside the bolt head, while the ejector was located in the trigger group. Like the British Sten, time and expense was saved by cold-swaging the M3's barrel.
|Acquisition||您，您好，长官，我是....M3冲锋枪......||こ、こんにちは!M3といいます。よ、よろしくお願いします!||He-hello, commander, I'm.... M3 submachine gun.......|
|Secretary||注……注油枪！？不会是在说我吧？？||.グ、グ、グリースガン?私のことじゃないよね?||G-grease gun? You aren't talking about me, are you?|
|射击速度不行吗？没办法，这就是性价比嘛……||発射速度が微妙ですって?コストの問題で仕方ないですよ!||My rate of fire isn't high enough? I can't do anything about it, it's cost-efficiency, after all...|
|指挥官，薪水还没发吗？这个月又快没钱了呀……||指揮官、お給料…まだですか。今月の生活が厳しいかも。||Commander, is it pay-day yet? I'm almost out of money for the month.......|
|Secretary (post OATH)||
Sorry, did I disturb you? I'll be over here... Just kidding, since we have a contract, I won't leave you no matter what.
Commander, can I help you with something? Are you trying to trick me? Eh? What's this? For me? ...Giving this to someone like me? Really... I'm so happy...
|Joining an echelon|
|Starting a combat mission|
|Starting a battle|
|Halloween||南、南瓜头的怪物真的会出来吗？！指挥官，不要吓唬人家啊！||あ、カボチャ頭のお化けは出ませんよね…、ひぃ！指揮官、嚇かさないでください…||J-Jack O' Lanterns will really come out?! Commander, don't scare me like that!|
|New Year's Day||
- She wanted to be helpful in her squad although she doubted her role after being called a grease gun because of her similarities of actual grease injector gun.
- In GF 4coma, She had a trauma of Goliath Tracked Bomb controlled by P38 when ambushing Sangvis Ferri bunker and destroy it, as in reality Goliath Tracked Bomb well-known successfully wreak havoc for allied forces while M3 itself also used in combat in limited number by US Army Rangers, 82nd, and 101st Airborne Troops during Normandy Invasion Kick-Off.
- And because its compact size, M3 Submachine Gun can be tucked in parachute harness where the airborne troops able to engage target upon landing to designated zone.
- The OSS version of M3 include silencer and booby traps which called as 'Bushmaster Device'. The device consists of triggering hook, and pull-type trigger. As the firing safety is off and the tripwire was pulled, the striker pushes the spring, launching the hook and depressed the M3 trigger until the magazine is empty. The Silenced M3 was intended to be used by US OSS(Now CIA) and British SOE(Special Operation Executive).
- It should be mentioned the special barrel for M3 has been applied in order to attach suppressor. However, the performance of suppressor itself considered very poor over the British competitor, STEN.
- After the discovery of Krummlauf Curved Barrel for StG 44, US army began an experiment of curve-barreled M3 in 1945. Initially, the curve-barreled version of M3 was intended for tank crew to be fired back from tank cupola or driver's hatch at assailants. Aside of armored crew version, the infantry version was tested to be able to fired from foxhole, windows, and the wall corner without exposing themselves. Both of them doesn't adopted due the accuracy issue as same as Krummlauf does.
- M3A1 is an improved version of M3. M3A1 was lighter than its predecessor due the simplified cocking mechanism, very reliable and easier to maintain.
- Wikipedia entry on M3 submachine gun
- Moegirl entry on M3
- GF 4coma, Definitely not a Grease Gun
- GF 4coma, A haunting psychological scar
- Goliath operational in Normandy
- The M3 "Grease Gun", by Leroy Thompson. Electronic Edition published by Bloomsbury Publishing
- The Forgotten Weapons Video of M3 OSS Version