|Full name||M1 Garand|
|Manufacturer|| Springfield Armory,
Winchester, Harrington & Richardson, International Harvester, Beretta, Breda, F.M.A.P., Springfield Armory, Inc.
|Voice actor||Risa Taneda|
M1 Garand is an obtainable Tactical Doll in the game.
The M1 Garand is a .30 caliber semi-automatic rifle that was the U.S. service rifle during World War II and the Korean War (it also saw limited service during the Vietnam War). Most M1 rifles were issued to U.S. forces, though many hundreds of thousands were also provided as foreign aid to American allies. The Garand is still used by drill teams and military honor guards. It is also widely used by civilians for hunting, target shooting, and as a military collectible.
The M1 replaced the bolt action M1903 Springfield as the standard U.S. service rifle in the mid 1930s, and was itself replaced by the select fire M14 rifle in the early 1960s.
The M1 rifle was named after its designer John Garand. It was the first standard-issue semi-automatic military rifle. By all accounts the M1 rifle served with distinction. General George S. Patton called it "the greatest battle implement ever devised".
Although the name "Garand" is frequently pronounced /ɡəˈrænd/, according to experts and people who knew John Garand, the weapon's designer, /ˈɡærənd/ (to rhyme with errand) is preferred.
|Secretary||指挥官还真是贪心呢，哼哼……||指揮官は欲張りですね、ふん、へへ…||Commander really is quite greedy, hmhm...|
|指挥官，多谢你这样照顾我。||指揮官、構ってくれてありがとうございます。||Commander, thank you for taking care of me.|
|真是的……今天的工作还没做完哦，先和别的孩子玩吧。||もう…今日の仕事がまた終わってませんよ、他の子と遊んでください。||What am I supposed to do with you... I'm not done with today's work yet, so why don't you go play with the other children for now?|
|Secretary (post OATH)||
|New Year's Day|
- Another version of M1 Garand, designated as T26 and M1E5 was released by request of Col. William Alexander in Pacific Theatre, which popularly known as 'Tanker Garand'. In order to increase short-to-medium range ability, M1 Garand barrel was shortened by 18"(457mm), and folding stock later adapted in M1E5 where T26 keep its original buttstock. One of their version was used at operation in Philippines by 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment, although T26 was not approved for mass production due of excessive fouling in the gas system, loud and flashy muzzle brake. This problem later considered too expensive to solve and later scrapped the 'Carbine Garand' project after the surrender of German and the victory in Pacific Theater.
- The experimental selective-fire M1 Garand, designated as T20E2, uses M1918 Bar Magazine instead of en-bloc clip. The barrel itself is compatible for grenade launcher. The standard BAR Magazine cannot be used in T20E2 rifle, so the BAR magazine has to been redesigned to be compatible with T20E2. The T20E2 can both fired semi or full-automatic with cyclic rate of 700 round/min. The project was stopped after War in Europe is over, and Japanese Forces was surrendered. Even so, T20E2 component had been examined for further research and later its system was implemented for most successful battle rifle ever produced, M14.
- Moegirl entry of M1 Garand
- Wikipedia entry of M1 Garand
- The carbine version of Garand
- T20E2 brief history